Experience and Education
Fuchao Wu was born in Anhui, P. R. China in 1957. He received his
B. S. degree in Mathematics from Anqing's Teacher College in 1982.
From 1984 to 1994, he acted first as a lecturer then as an associate
professor in Anqing Teacher’s College. From 1995 to 2000, he acted
as a professor with Anhui University. Since 2000, he has been with
the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, where he
is now a Professor.
His research interests are now in Computer Vision, which include
3D Reconstruction, Active Vision, and Image Based Modeling and
Rendering. He has published more than 50 papers on major national
and international journals, and received the Second Best Award of
Natural Science of Anhui province in 1999.
- Zhenhua Wang, Bin Fan, Fuchao Wu. Exploring Local and
Overall Ordinal Information for Robust Feature Description.
IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine
- Fuchao Wu, Ming Zhang, Guanghui Wang, Zhanyi Hu.
Algebraic Error Based Triangulation and Metric of Lines.
PLOS ONE, 2015.
- Fuchao Wu, Ming Zhang, and Zhanyi Hu. Self-Calibration under
the Cayley framework. International Journal of Computer
Vision, 103(3): 372-398, 2013.
- Kunfeng Shi, Qiulei Dong, and Fuchao Wu. Weighted
Similarity-Invariant Linear Algorithm for Camera Calibration
with Rotating 1D Objects. IEEE Transactions on Image
Processing, 21(8): 3806-3812, 2012.
- Bin Fan, Fuchao Wu, and Zhanyi Hu. Rotationally Invariant
Descriptors using Intensity Order Pooling. IEEE
Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence,
34(10): 2031-2045, 2012.
- Xiaoming Deng, Fuchao Wu, Yihong Wu, Fuqing Duan, Liang
Chang and Hongan Wang. Self-calibration of Hybrid Central
Catadioptric and Perspective Cameras. Computer Vision
and Image Understanding, 116(6): 715-729, 2012.
- Bin Fan, Fuchao Wu, and Zhanyi Hu. Robust Line Matching
through Line-point Invariants. Pattern Recognition,
45(2): 794-805, 2012.
- F.C. Wu, Q. Zhang, and Z.Y. Hu, Efficient Suboptimal
Solutions to the Optimal Triangulation, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV),
91(1): 77-106, 2011.
- Z.H Wang, B. Fan, and F.C. Wu, Local Intensity Order Pattern
for Feature Description, ICCV, 2011.
- B. Fan, F.C. Wu and Z.Y. Hu, Aggregating Gradient
Distributions into Intensity Orders: A Novel Local Image
Descriptor, CVPR, 2011.
- B. Fan, F.C. Wu, and Z.Y. Hu, Line Matching Leveraged By
Point Correspondences, CVPR, 2010.
- F.C. Wu, Z.H. Wang and X.G. Wang, Feature Vector Field and
Feature Matching, Pattern Recognition, Vol.43,
- F.C. Wu, Z.H. Wang, and Z.Y. Hu, Cayley transformation
and numerical stability of calibration equations, International
Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV),
Vol.82, No.4, pp.156-184, 2009.
- Z.H. Wang, F.C. Wu, and Z.Y. Hu, MSLD: A robust descriptor
for line matching, Pattern Recognition,
Vol.42, pp.941 – 953,2009.
- F.C. Wu, F.Q. Duan, Z.Y. Hu, and Y.H. Wu. A new linear
algorithm for calibrating central catadioptric cameras.
Pattern Recognition, Vol.41,
- X.R. Li, Z.Y. Hu, and F.C. Wu, A Note on the Convergence of
the Mean Shift, Pattern Recognition,
Vol.40, No.6, pp.1557-1562, 2007.
- F.C. Wu, L. Wang, Z.Y. Hu: FOE estimation: Can image
measurement errors be totally "corrected" by the geometric
method? Pattern Recognition 40(7): 1971-1980,
- L. Wang, F.C. Wu, Z.Y. Hu, Multi-Camera Calibration with
One-Dimensional Object under General Motions, ICCV,
- F.C. Wu and Z.Y. Hu, The LLE and a linear mapping,
Pattern Recognition, Vol.39,
- F.C. Wu, F.Q. Duan, Z.Y. Hu: An Affine Invariant of
Parallelograms and Its Application to Camera Calibration and 3D
Reconstruction, ECCV, 2006.
- F.C. Wu, Z.Y. Hu, and F.Q. Duan, 8-Point Algorithm
Revisited: Factorized 8-Point Algorithm, ICCV, 2005.
- F.C. Wu, Z.Y. Hu, and H.J. Zhu, Camera Calibration with
Moving One Dimensional Objects, Pattern Recognition,
Vol.38, No.5, pp.355-265, 2005.
- Z.Y.Hu and F.C. Wu, A Note on the Number of Solutions of the
Non-Coplanar P4P problem, IEEE Transactions on
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24,
No.4, pp.550-555, 2002.