Experience and Education
Ming Tang received the M.S. and B. S. degrees in Computer Science
from Zhejiang University in 1984 and 1987 respectively, the Ph.D.
degree in Pattern Recognition and Intelligent System from the
Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, in 2002. Since
1987, he has been with the Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy
His research interests are object detection, recognition and
image and video processing, visual surveillance, pattern recognition, and machine learning. He has received
the Special Scholarship Award of President of CAS in 2002, and the
Nominee of National Excellent PhD Dissertation in 2004.
- Ming Tang, Jiayi Feng, Multi-kernel Correlation Filter for
Visual Tracking, ICCV, 2015. [PDF]
[Results on OTB 50]
- Bin Tian, Brendan Tran Morris, Ming Tang, Yuqiang Liu,
Yanjie Yao, Chao Gou, Dayong Shen, Shaohu Tang, Hierarchical and
Networked Vehicle Surveillance in ITS : A Survey, IEEE
Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems,
Vol.16, No.2, 2015.
- Bin Tian, Ming Tang, and Feiyue Wang, Vehicle Detection
Grammars with Partial Occlusion Handling for Traffic
Surveillance, Transportation Research Part C,
Vol.56, pp.80-93, 2015.
- Yancheng Bai and Ming Tang, Object Tracking via Robust
Multitask Sparse Representation, IEEE Signal Processing
Letters, Vol.21, No.8, 2014.
- Yancheng Bai and Ming Tang, Robust Visual Tracking via
Augmented Kernel SVM, Image and Vision Computing,
- Ming Tang and Xi Peng, “Robust tracking with discriminative
ranking lists”, IEEE Trans. Image Processing,
Vol.21, No.7, pp3273-3281, 2012.
- Zhenfeng Zhu, Ming Tang and Hanqing Lu, “A New Robust
Circular Gabor Based Object Matching by Using Weighted Hausdorff
Distance,” PR Letters, Vol.25, Iss.4,
- Ming Tang and Songde Ma, “General Scheme of Region
Competition Based on Scale Space,” IEEE Trans. Pattern
Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.23, No.12,
- Ming Tang, Songde Ma and Jing Xiao, “Model-based
Adaptive Enhancement of Far Infrared Image Sequences,” PR Letters, Vol.21, Iss.9, pp.827-835, 2000.
- Yancheng Bai and Ming Tang, “Robust tracking via weakly
supervised ranking SVM”, CVPR, 2012.
[Codes (pure C++)
- Jing Zhang, Duowen Chen, and Ming Tang, “Combining
Discriminative and Descriptive Models for Tracking,” ACCV, 2009. (oral)
- Yi Ouyang, Ming Tang, Jinqiao Wang, Hanqing Lu, and Songde
Ma, “Boosting Relative Spaces for Categorizing Objects,” ACM MM, 2008.
- Kai Zhang, James Kwow, and Ming Tang, “Accelerated
Convergence Using Dynamic Mean Shift,” ECCV,
- Kai Zhang and Ming Tang, “Applying Neighborhood Consistency
for Fast Clustering and Kernel Density Estimation,” CVPR,