Experience and Education
Zhanyi Hu was born in Shanxi province, P. R. China in 1961. He
received his B.S. Degree in Automation from the North China
University of Technology in 1985, the Ph.D. Degree (Docteur d'Etat)
in Computer Vision from the University of Liege, Belgium, in Jan.
1993. Since 1993, he has been with the Institute of Automation,
Chinese Academy of Sciences, where he is now a Professor. From May
1997 to May 1998, he also acted as a visiting scholar of Chinese
University of Hong Kong on invitation.
His research interests are in Robot Vision, which include Camera
Calibration and 3D Reconstruction, Vision Guided Robot
Navigation, Image Based Modeling and Rendering. Dr. Hu has published
more than 150 papers on major national and international journals
and conferences, and received the Second Award of Natural Science of
China in 2004.
He is an associate editor for China Science, Chinese Science
Bulletin, Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Acta
Automatica Sinica, and A deputy editor-in-chief for The Chinese
Journal of CAD and Graphics.
He is currently a member of the Advisory Committee of the
National Natural Science Foundation of China. He was a member of the
Executive Committee of the National High-Tech R&D Program (863
Program), and was the local co-chair of the ICCV2005. He has
received the Excellent Teacher Award of CAS in 1998 and 2006
- F.C. Wu, Q. Zhang, and Z.Y. Hu, Efficient Suboptimal
Solutions to the Optimal Triangulation, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV),
91(1): 77-106, 2011.
- X.R. Li and Z.Y. Hu, Rejecting Mismatches by Correspondence
Function, International Journal of Computer Vision
(IJCV), 89(1): 1–17, 2010.
- Y. S. Ming and Z. Y. Hu, Modeling Stereopsis via Markov
Random Field, Neural Computation, 22(8): 2161-2191, 2010.
- F.C. Wu, Z.H. Wang, and Z.Y. Hu, Cayley transformation and
numerical stability of calibration equations, International
Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV),
Vol.82, No.4, pp.156-184, 2009.
- Q.L. Dong, Y. H. Wu, and Z. Y. Hu, Pointwise Motion
Image(PMI): A novel motion representation and its applications
to abnormality detection and behavior recognition, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology,
Vol.19, No.3, pp.407-416, 2009.
- Z.H. Wang, F. C. Wu, and Z. Y. Hu, MSLD: A Robust Descriptor
for Line Matching, Pattern Recognition
42 (2009) 941 -- 953.
- Y.H. Wu, Y.F. Li, and Z.Y. Hu. Detecting and Handling
Unreliable Points for Camera Parameter Estimation, International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV),
Vol. 79, No. 2, pp. 209-223 2008.
- X. R. Li, Z. Y. Hu, and F. C. Wu, A Note on the
Convergence of the Mean Shift, Pattern Recognition,
Vol.40, No.6, pp.1557-1562, 2007.
- F. C. Wu, L. Wang, and Z. Y. Hu, Can Image Measurement
Errors Be Totally "Corrected" by the Geometric Method?
Pattern Recognition 40, pp.1971-1980, 2007
- Z. Y. Hu, Y. H. Wu, F. C. Wu, and S. D. Ma, The Number of
Independent Kruppa Constraints from N Images, Journal
of Computer Science and Technology, Vol21, N0,2,
- F. C. Wu and Z. Y. Hu, The LLE and a Linear Mapping,
Pattern Recognition 39, pp.1799-1804, 2006.
- F. C. Wu, Z. Y. Hu, and H. J. Zhu, Camera Calibration with
Moving One Dimensional Objects, Pattern Recognition,
Vol.38, No.5, pp.355-265, 2005.
- X. H. Ying and Z. Y. Hu, Catadioptric Camera Calibration
Using Geometric Invariants, IEEE Transactions on
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.
26, No. 10, pp.1260-1271, 2004.
- Y.H Wu, Z.Y. Hu, The Invariant Representations of a Cone and
a Twisted Cubic, IEEE Transactions on Pattern
Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.l. 25, No.
10, pp. 1329-1332, 2003.
- Z.Y. Hu, F.C. Wu, A Note on the Number of Solutions of
the Non-Coplanar P4P problem, IEEE Transactions on
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24,
No.4, pp.550-555, 2002.