Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

Can Your Pillow Cause Shoulder Pain?
  • There’s a lot that can go into the quality of a good nights sleep. : Can your pillow cause shoulder pain?

So it is a factor that is contributed to by the comfort or composition of the body structure of a person, matched with the correct padding of the cushions within the pillowcase.

The uneven pressure that is applied as you sleep can affect the certain muscles in the upper region of the body, this is the main cause of tension in the neck area and shoulder.

A good pillow needs to also support your neck muscles, which therein affect your shoulder muscles as you sleep. If you are going to pick a pillow to avoid shoulder pain, you should go for pillows that adapt to your weight, as well as supplying enough force to reflect back towards you. This is usually found by taking the firmness of your pillow into consideration.

Quality Of The Memory Gel Foam Pillow!

With its cooling effect. The memory Gel Foam Pillow is the best choice for coolness and comfort. The springs in the pillow give you support to keep your spine alignment straight in its natural resting position. It doesn’t interfere with your shoulders or bodies neutral positioning, The coolness comes from the gel infused top layer on the pillow that absorbs air into the foams of the pillow then pushes it out as cool and refreshing air throughout your body

Is Latex Foam Any Good?

Latex foam pillows are good for comfort purposes and keeping your head and body cool through the night. Thus preventing tossing and turning on your shoulder due to moisture in the room. But due to an increase in people who suffer from latex allergy, they are not ideal for everyone

Effects Of Materials Of Pillows On Your Shoulder

Basically. To answer the question of can a pillow cause shoulder pain?

The quality and texture of a pillow affect the posture. Dependent on your position, body pillows are ideal if you have a tendency to sleep on your stomach, facing the pillow. Feather pillows should be avoided, as this pillow makes it easier for your shoulder to sink into the pillow.

They also keep your whole body alignment linear. Just make sure these aren’t made of leather material.Take that into consideration, For instance, I prefer the two other bulky pillows I have, using these feather pillows would always result in neck and shoulder pain in the morning for me.

I have very broad shoulders. So it is sometimes a factor that is contributed to by the comfort or composition of the body structure of a person, matched with the correct padding of the cushions within the pillowcase while referencing your sleep position and habits to make the proper choice